DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2010-05-01 15:22:29

neopersia

Duplicated Windows 7 Taskbar thumbnails

Hi

I Just Upgraded to new version of IETester v0.4.3
There are these weird duplicated thumbnails when I hover my mouse on IETester Icon in taskbar that makes it difficult to choose the right tab.

I'm using windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600 and it's original IE 8

This screenshot can explain what I'm talking about: http://i40.tinypic.com/f34xmt.jpg

Last edited by neopersia (2010-05-01 15:23:48)

#2 2010-05-01 17:07:29

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Duplicated Windows 7 Taskbar thumbnails

Hi,

Yes, I get the same behaviour on my system. I will investigate to correct it for the next release.

#3 2010-05-01 19:00:05

neopersia

Great, Thanks smile

If it wasn't for IETester I had to install multiple virtual machines to test web pages for different IE versions.
It will be easier to use without these extra thumbnails.

As a personal opinion (a lazy web developer), I think it'd be even easier to use if tabs weren't reflected in taskbar thumbnails.
Because if I switch off the IETester, usually I'm going to change a piece of code in my editor and come back to see those changes in IETester. So the active tab is my main focus and extra tab thumbnails will just make me to choose the tab and click one more time to get back to IETester.

Anyways thanks again for your attention smile

#4 2010-05-30 19:07:54

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

The new IETester 0.4.4 version corrects the bug and add an option to disable the taskbar thumbnails