DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-01-21 07:24:40

scunliffe

Only One bug stopping IETester from being an awesome developer tool

Hi,

I would love to use IETester on a regular basis but it fails 1 major piece of functionality I really need.

I need to be able to test popup window behavior but there are 2 things that stop it from working.

a.) The popup doesn't open as a popup, but rather as another tab. Although that is a "potential" behavior in IE7/IE8, if I requested a size for the popup I would like to have it appear as an actual popup on top of the main window.  E.g. if I open a small calendar or chooser list popup it will look strange full-screen.
b.) More importantly - I find that the new window doesn't pass the session token/headers or something as I *always* need to re-login

Other than this issue with popups, IETester appears to be a spectacular testing tool - however this issue is a significant roadblock.

Cheers,
Steve

#2 2011-01-21 11:12:03

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Only One bug stopping IETester from being an awesome developer tool

Hi,

The window.open feature is not correclty supported on IETester right now (http://www.my-debugbar.com/forum/p1297- … html#p1297).
You can find other threads about this problem as well on the forum.

This might be corrected in the future but I don't think I'll be able to work on this in the short term.

Regards.

#3 2011-01-25 10:42:51

scunliffe

Until there is a resolution to this, can we have this added to the "Known Issues" list on the main page for IETester?

Its a fairly critical part of my IE testing and thus unfortunately a major roadblock as I suspect it is for others too.

PS although I can't code in (presuming C++/C#) - I'd be more than happy to be a "tester" of IETester should you get the chance to work on this feature.

Cheers,
Steve

#4 2011-03-07 21:08:29

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

It's already in my todo, but it is a bit complex to implement with the current IETester architecture so I don't know when I'll be able to work on this.

#5 2012-12-28 15:45:54

ARM

Hi Fabric
I completly Agree with Scunliffe.

I am Also facing the same issue,
Is this issue is still exist or fixed (If YES, in which version of IETester)

Is there any setting has to be done for this..?
Please let know on this ASAP.

Thanks in Advance
ARM

#6 2013-04-07 06:51:06

gunson

Hi Fabrice,

I hope this issue could be resolved as soon as possible, because this is a major issue stopping people using IETester.