DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-05-01 01:28:51

RayC

IE9 Tab Crashes

Hi,

Having a bit of an issue: every time I open an IE9 tab in IE-Tester, it crashes. I get the "IETester Home" page, but as soon as I enter any other URL, I get that favorite MS Windows Popup:

IE Tester has stopped working.
  Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...

It is just the tab itself, not the whole IE-Tester program. I am given the option to "Reopen tab", but as soon as I do, it crashes again.

Not sure what to do. I've tried IE-Tester 0.4.10, 0.4.9 and 0.4.8 with the same results.

Running:
Vista Ultimate 32-bit Service Pack 2
IE8 v 8.0.6001.19048

Any suggestions?

#2 2011-05-02 13:00:20

smokeybandit

Re: IE9 Tab Crashes

I wanted to test something in IE9 without actually installing IE9.  I'm observing the same issues as the original poster.  Same info, but with Vista Home Premium instead of Ultimate.

In my case, some pages crash (including the one I want to test), others simply load nothing onto the screen, but correctly change the title bar.

#3 2011-05-03 06:01:06

harrijon

Hi,

I love IETester!

Opening this url in IETester (IE9) causes tab to crash for an unknown reason.
https://www.mdmgames.com/njhomeimprovem … ister.aspx

1. Open IETester
2. Open new IE9 tab
3. Paste above url
4. Hit enter
5. Observe IE9 tab crashes, closes and this comes up:
"A tab has crashed for an unknown reason.  You can reopen the tab by clicking the "Reopen tab" button."  Clicking the "Reopen tab" button repeats the crash scenario.

I don't have IE9 installed on this machine.
I have IE9 installed on a 2nd Vista machine and the website, listed above, works just fine.

IETester version: v0.4.10
tab version causing issue: IE 9 

This happens on XP 32 bit, as well.

Thank you for any help you can give..

#4 2011-05-06 04:28:44

synapse

I too am having the same problem. I have isolated my cause under an IE9 tab to the following code.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE8" >

Win 7 64 latest service pack and updates
v0.4.10 running in multi-process mode
IE9
http://www.processedpixels.com

Visting the above page with the code in place instantly kills the IE9 tab. If I remove the code the page will load just fine. As is, the site functions in IE7-8, Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera.

#5 2011-10-01 10:33:00

crave81

This appears to still be an issue.  While IE Tester is a great tool, this issue severely limits the ability to test IE9. 

I am running Windows 7, 32 bit.  IE Tester 0.4.11. 

I am developing a Joomla 1.5.23 site, with a rockettheme template, rok fusion menu, rokgallery and the latest version of mootools.  I currently run ie8 on my system (although Chrome is my primary).  My site looks fine on ie8.  When I loaded IE Tester and tried the URL in IE9, about 80% of the site modules and content simply did not display.  All that I got was the background and a few random bits of info.  I did some research and saw that you can force IE9 to open the site as a different version such as IE8 using code:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" >.

I loaded this into my joomla template <head>.  The site still looks fine on IE8, however, when I try to load IE9 in IE Tester, the tab crashes.  I receive the error: "A tab has crashed for an unknown reason."

I would like to be able to verify that the above code "fixes" my site for IE9, however it causes IE Tester to crash IE9 tabs.  I should note that I tested other URLs (ie yahoo..) inside IE Tester for IE9, and it worked fine.  Is there an alternative method to test IE9 to verify that the meta code above works?  Please advise, thanks!

Last edited by crave81 (2011-10-01 10:35:11)