DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2010-01-05 14:04:29

jiwanejko

When using the Zoom slider question/help plz?

I have a question regarding IE tester's zoom feature. Basically, I'm using some absolute positioning within a wrapper Div.
The contents inside this div is mostly "web-text". When I run IE Tester and use the zoom feature located on the bottom-right, my "web-text" is reacting to the "zoom", as if i used "Fixed-positioning."  For example.. my site will re-size just fine except for the absolutely positioned text, which remains fixed in the middle of the browser as everything around it zooms in-and-out? Curious because, if I preview my site using IE live off of my server-(not in IE Tester) and I ctrl(+) or ctrl(-) to test out different screen resolutions, everything  re-sizes as it should. Including the web text.

I use IE tester to help solve all the bugs that IE has in the older versions and it seems as if this is one of the main issues I can not resolve. "Re-sizing to test different screen resolutions".. ugh!! For the most part everything works out ok, except for that one "resolution-size" that seems to break everything apart!

If anyone has any ideas, plz let me know.

Thanks, John.

#2 2010-01-05 14:19:05

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: When using the Zoom slider question/help plz?

Please, can you provide a sample url where we can reproduce the problem ?

Thanks.

#3 2010-01-05 14:29:55

jiwanejko

Sure. Thanks.

Regarding this same browser re-sizing issue. Safari has issues too. It seems to re-size everything, relatively speaking, except for the text in the main content area. It appears to me to stay at it's original size of 10px and it's expanding vertically as you ctrl+ or ctrl-. Maybe, there's a better way to go about coding this that I'm not using?   

windows xp: sp2 | IE Tester latest version

here's the link wwwj9webdesigns.com

Cool. Thnks.

Last edited by jiwanejko (2010-01-05 15:30:03)

#4 2010-01-06 06:22:54

Ricardo

Why do you use the browser zoom feature to test screen resolutions?
In this case you just need to resize the browser window by its borders.