DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2010-09-21 16:40:33

kevo

not work with ie9 beta

i installed ie9 beta and found that ie6 mode never work properly, and i turned back to ie8 it works.

anticipate for version for ie9 smile

thanks

#2 2010-09-22 01:26:56

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: not work with ie9 beta

Hi,

What does mean "never work properly" ?

Also, the information defined in the "ANNOUNCEMENT" is welcome.

Thanks.

#3 2010-09-29 13:15:58

gabor

Hi,

I have the same problem. (using v0.4.4) After installing ie9 beta the filters are no more working in ie6 mode. Strange that in ie5.5 they do work! However ie5.5 mode freezes in a few seconds. (ie7 and ie8 modes are working but only loading the websites after 10-20 seconds for the first time (after hitting enter again))

So I quess in ie6 mode filter dll-s are not loaded at all. I think so because I did ovewrite them with the ones from ie7 mode, and I didn't get any error msg...

Maybe this is some more info...

Is there a way to copy ie9 beta files into the ie9 folder  under ietester? This way I could put back ie8 and still have latest ie9 and all the other versions working as before.

edit: the OS is win7 64

Last edited by gabor (2010-09-29 21:52:04)

#4 2010-10-11 05:28:00

rhinox202

Hi fabrice,

I don't know if this is what the others are talking about, but the IE9 beta does not work with IETester.  I copied the files over like defined in your guide and it does not work.

Bob

#5 2010-10-11 13:31:52

Ricardo

Is there a way to copy ie9 beta files into the ie9 folder  under ietester? This way I could put back ie8 and still have latest ie9 and all the other versions working as before.

I don't know if this is what the others are talking about, but the IE9 beta does not work with IETester.  I copied the files over like defined in your guide and it does not work.

I think that if you installed the Beta in the system, use "Default IE" mode under IETester.
Otherwise, install the Internet Explorer Platform Preview and copy the files:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d … 324ecaae46

#6 2010-10-12 14:54:35

rhinox202

Thanks Ricardo, I had installed the beta so I can use default IE.  Seems to work fine.

#7 2010-10-13 07:17:05

fabrice
DebugBar Support

I confirm that IE9 beta is not working correctly with IETester. It is working when installed as default browser so far.