DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2013-02-17 04:15:59

rhinox202

v0.5... Wow!

I should start out by commending you for the great work you have put into IETester. I haven't used it in a while but v0.5 is running great on Windows 8 x64. I was a bit wary of the 64-bit part as I remember reading a long time ago that support wasn't great. So far so good, though, my testing has been brief.

Anyway, I was hoping to re-request something from quite a while ago.  IETester is missing the "Ctrl+Enter" feature for appending ".com" to the URL.  I think that is about my only complaint, as stability has been greatly improved. Also, not that it's a problem, but I noticed that IE6 is using a French version. Oui?

Thanks again Fabrice!

Update: I just realized this should have been in the requests thread. Sorry.

Last edited by rhinox202 (2013-02-18 04:29:13)

#2 2013-02-27 22:56:19

brain_death

Re: v0.5... Wow!

Dear Fabrice,

Thank you for your latest release, IETester 0.5…

I have tried this on Windows 8 x64 and Windows 7 x64, firstly with the final version of IE 10 for that operating system and secondly without. The issues I have found so far are as follows, though I have not really tackled the IE 5.5 tab, since we have talked about this anachronism before.

1. The IE 7 tab works, but only when I’m online, not with the same files locally.

2. The IE 9 tab always crashes, unless you don’t have IE 10 installed in which case you can leverage it as the default IE instead.

3. Using IE 6 and on Windows 8 x64, some of the browser feedback appears to be in French?

4. IE 10 works well as the default IE under Windows 7 x64 now too, so long as you already have the final version of IE 10 for this OS installed.

Thanks for another great alpha. I cannot stress enough how useful this program has been to me…

Last edited by brain_death (2013-02-27 23:01:01)