DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-01-15 16:16:06

kAlvaro

Crash in Windows XP with 5.5 and 6

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3 in Spanish. I read that IE Tester has problems with XP+IE6 so I upgraded to IE7, reboot and finally installed IE Tester v0.2.3.

My problem is that I cannot browse with 5.5 or 6 tabs. As soon as I load a web site (anyone, e.g. Google) IE Tester crashes (something about kernel32.dll). I can only load successfully the "about:blank" page (actually, I had to change IE Tester home page so I could even open the tabs). Both 7 and 8 work fine.

My coworker runs a similar configuration without any problem; the main difference seems to be that he's running Windows XP SP2 rather than SP3. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

#2 2009-01-15 16:46:50

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Crash in Windows XP with 5.5 and 6

Hi,

I just tested with a SP3 virtual machine and I can open and browser with IE5.5 and IE6 tabs without troubles.

Do you have any ie add-ons installed ? Maybe this can have an impact.

#3 2009-01-15 17:09:23

kAlvaro

You're right. I had "Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar" installed. I've removed it (it didn't even show up in my brand new IE7 so it wasn't of any use) and everything runs smoothly now.

Thank you very much.

#4 2009-01-15 17:10:36

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Good. I didn't know this add-on could crash IETester. I'll try to correct that in a future release.

Thanks for the feedback.

#5 2009-01-17 10:24:32

alicroche

Found another crasher : Adobe PDF toolbar in IE7
This toolbar is installed by Adobe Acrobat 9 pro.
The symptoms are those mentioned earlier in this thread : IE5.5 and IE6 tabs crashing as soon as they were opened, IE7 and IE8 tabs doing allright.

Thought that could help.

#6 2009-01-19 00:23:15

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Thanks. I will work on those problems for the next versions.

#7 2009-01-27 08:03:52

oraica

I have the crashing problem. XP Service Pack 3 / IE7. All was fine last week. I've removed the developer toolbar and it still crashes (after launching and before selecting the required browser). The only thing I can think of is that I have installed the Google Chrome browser. Is there a clash there?

#8 2009-01-27 08:09:41

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Google Chrome should not have any impact on IETester. Do you have other ie add-ons installed ?

#9 2009-01-27 08:33:49

oraica

Nothing else installed since the problem arose. I was using the Tester for all browser options successfully until then. I haven't used it for a few days so I don't know for sure that it happened after installing Google Chrome. I set Chrome is as the default browser by the way.

Thought I'd just add that it's not causing me any real problems as I've just installed it on my laptop and it's working fine. If you want me to try anything to help just let me know.

Last edited by oraica (2009-01-27 08:42:32)

#10 2009-01-27 15:30:21

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Really strange. So it is crashing at startup ? or when you try to open a tab (which version) ?