DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-04-04 10:23:15

jainasewen

Opening file browser via input=file in IE8 crashes IETester

If you open the browse window from an input type=file element in IE8, then try to close the browse window, either by selecting a file or pressing cancel etc, then IETester will crash.

Start IETester, open an IE8 tab only (or open miltuple tabs, just make sure that IE8 is the first you use), navigate to a page with an input type=file, click browse, either select a file or just click cancel, IETester will crash.

Start IETester again, open an IE8 tab AND and IE6/7 tab, navigate both to a page with an input type=file element, use IE6/7 to browse your computer, select a file or cancel... works fine, then use IE8 again to select a file (or cancel the browse window), it works fine also

Seems if you use IE8 to open a browse window before any other IE version causes IETester to close

I've tested this on XP Pro SP3 and Vista Ultimate SP1

Hope this helps
Thanks, Ewen

Last edited by jainasewen (2009-04-04 10:24:49)

#2 2009-04-07 14:40:37

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Opening file browser via input=file in IE8 crashes IETester

Hi,

You're right. I don't know what is causing the problem. I will work on it to try to correct it on a future release.