DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-08-21 06:24:34

mikeyc7m

reporting the IE version

Wow, this is a great product!

I'd like to request a feature - that the version of each IE can be reported, just like going to the IE menu and choosing "Help > About Internet Explorer" and seeing the full version info.

Also is it possible to update or change each IE version?

Meanwhile the version checker page you provide gives a pretty good indicator anyway.
http://www.my-debugbar.com/ietester/index_all.php

Cheers

#2 2009-08-21 08:21:44

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: reporting the IE version

I'd like to request a feature - that the version of each IE can be reported, just like going to the IE menu and choosing "Help > About Internet Explorer" and seeing the full version info.

Why not but what is the real interest of this ? Rendering engine is not changing between changes of minor versions?

Also is it possible to update or change each IE version?

It's not possible.

#3 2009-08-26 05:43:58

mikeyc7m

fabrice wrote:

Why not but what is the real interest of this ? Rendering engine is not changing between changes of minor versions?

I'd like to know exactly which version I am testing against, for example IE8 had multiple beta versions and release candidates... I dunno, does it matter?

#4 2009-08-26 06:55:09

Ricardo

Look at the version of *shtml.dll at C:\Program Files\Core Services\IETester
5shtml.dll, 6shtml.dll, 7shtml.dll, 8shtml.dll (for each IE version)