DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-08-27 16:02:07

joe1203

IETester can't print or preview

I found that IE Tester can only print/preview if the opened browser has the same version number as the one installed in Windows
For example, if I have a clean Windows XP with IE6 only, only IE6 browser in IETester can print or preview.
I am not sure if this is a limitation or due to my wrong setting. Any idea?

I am using WinXP SP2 with IE6 only. Test in two different computer and got the same result.

#2 2009-08-27 16:38:01

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: IETester can't print or preview

Well, as usual, can you be precise ? What is the url ? what is the ie tab version opened ?

#3 2009-08-28 01:09:52

joe1203

I am using WinXP SP2 with IE6.
Only preview/print of IE6 tab works under IETester
All other gives a blank window
url=default page of ietester (http://www.my-debugbar.com/ietester/?version=0.3.5)
I have tested 0.2.3 and 0.3.5, both the same

#4 2009-08-28 06:41:40

fabrice
DebugBar Support

All other gives a blank window

There is no "All other" ie tab. There is an IE5.5 tab, an IE6 tab, an IE7 tab, a "DEfault IE" tab, and a "All IE Versions" tab, but no "All other".
So I suppose you are launching and IE5.5 or IE7 tab. Which one precisely please ?

On my side, when I launch a IE7 tab, I get a blank window on Print Preview. When I launch a IE5.5 tab, I get a Print Preview window with a "Permission Denied" javascript error. This is a limitation so far on IE5.5.

#5 2009-08-28 16:14:24

joe1203

Sorry, all others=IE5.5 and IE7 tab

Do you mean it's normal for IE7 tab to give a blank window when previewing?

Here is my additional findings (All IE stated below means IE tab)
If I open all IE versions, and
a) preview IE5.5 tab first, it complains a JS error, if I preview IE6 then, it gives a grey window
b) preview IE6 first, it works, if I preview IE5.5 then, it gives a grey window, no JS error popup
Both IE7 can't preview.

#6 2009-08-28 18:10:06

jafo_dot_one

I am using the latest release of IETester on Win XP Pro with IE 7 installed. Noticed after that after some recent Win updates that IETester hangs and attempts to log onto the debugbar website. I cannot do anything or select any other version for testing, i.e., IE 6 or 8. I am forced to kill the task in Taskmanager and all I get is rubbish in the temp directory saying that the application is hung up. Forgive me if I am repeating what has already been repeated.

I wish this could be fixed but I know that we are at the mercy of M$ windows. In closing I want to say that this is a wonderful tool and I would not hesitate to buy it once it becomes stable.  I tip my hat to the developers of this tool.  Thanks a lot :-) !!!

#7 2009-09-01 10:06:57

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your problem.

I am revamping IETester to have a multiprocess application, so I hope to be able to solve more bugs in the future.

#8 2009-09-02 12:08:38

joe1203

fabrice wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your problem.

I am revamping IETester to have a multiprocess application, so I hope to be able to solve more bugs in the future.

Do you mean preview under IE7 tab is not supported yet?

#9 2009-09-02 12:11:38

fabrice
DebugBar Support

No, it depends on your platform and installed IE version. On Vista and Win7 it should work.

#10 2009-09-04 00:57:39

joe1203

fabrice wrote:

No, it depends on your platform and installed IE version. On Vista and Win7 it should work.

Hi fabrice
If I install IE7 on WinXP, Does preview function work for all IE version?

#11 2009-09-04 08:46:12

fabrice
DebugBar Support

If I install IE7 on WinXP, Does preview function work for all IE version?

I just tested on my XPSP2 with IE7 and it's working on my side.