DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2010-02-17 11:03:06

tylik

Debugbar crashed ie developer toolbar

Hi,
The problem is that wheen I installed the debugbar, it crashed the ie developer toolbar. I'm running Windows 7 and IE8
I've tried to uninstall debugbar and to turn off and on ie developer toolbar, reinstall ie developer toolbar and even disable ie8 in control panel -- but nothing got it work back ((
Could you please tell where the problem could be? Probably these programs are conflicting or debugbar was not completely removed.
Thanks for your attention.

#2 2010-02-17 11:09:41

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Debugbar crashed ie developer toolbar

Hi,

I think the problem might come from the ie developer toolbar. The ie developer toolbar should not be installed under IE8, because it is not compatible with IE8.
I don't think your crashes come from DebugBar.

You can check here :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

the System Requirements section says explicitely that the toolbar is not compatible with IE8 :

The Developer Toolbar is not compatible with Internet Explorer 8. Please use the developer tools included with Internet Explorer 8.  Press F12 or click the 'Developer Tools' entry in the Tools menu to begin using the tool.

Hope this helps.

#3 2010-02-17 11:40:24

tylik

I got the name wrong. but I had the toolbar installed on ie8, the same, described in the link you  have given to me.  And after installing debugbar it crashed. Could you please give me a hint what was not uninstalled from the debugbar -- maybe it changed some  ie8 properties. I don't really know what is the matter((

#4 2010-02-17 11:47:07

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Yes, the ie toolbar you installed CANNOT be installed on IE8. That's your problem. You should uninstall the ie developer toolbar.

#5 2010-02-17 11:56:13

fabrice
DebugBar Support

And btw, DebugBar is working perfectly with IE8, so there is no need for you tyo uninstall DebugBar.

#6 2010-02-17 12:06:56

tylik

I don't have it installed. I have uninstalled it too. But it didn't help. I still think that the problem is in the debugbar. Because at first I installed it, and it crashed the standard debug tool of IE8 (which came in stock). And then I've tried to install the ie toolbar. Now I've deleted both. And still ie8 standard debug tool(which came in stock) is not working. If you have a debugbar and ie8 installed on your PC, could you please try to run standard ie8 debug tools? I think you won't be able to do it because of the debugbar, even if you uninstall debugbar. If you can run it, than the problem is with my PC, and if not -- than with debugbar.
Thanks.

#7 2010-02-17 12:15:38

fabrice
DebugBar Support

If you have a debugbar and ie8 installed on your PC, could you please try to run standard ie8 debug tools?

I have windows 7 and IE8 installed since August 2009 and I'm using extensively both DebugBar and the dev tools embedded into IE8 without any troubles. I didn't have any crash so far. By extensively, I mean several times by days, using both tools at the same time on the same page.

Also, no other user has reported any other crash problem with DebugBar since months.

Do you an antivirus installed ? The only problem I know so far is an incompatibility with "Virus Scan EE 8.0".

Finally, DebugBar is not changing any IE property and if you uninstalled it, it should be completely removed and cannot interact with IE anymore.

Hope this helps.

#8 2010-02-17 12:27:46

tylik

Ок, thanks, that's what I needed. Now I know that the problem comes from different source.