DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-01-07 03:52:47

getDepth

Problem with IE8 tab on Vista

greetings

firstly id like to say thank you for developing a solution to my ie testing woes on vista, it's been a nightmare until now!

however sadly the IE8 tab does not work, it just stays on about:blank.

i am running
windows vista ultimate
service pack 2
ie7 installed
ietester v0.4.7 (literally just downloaded & installed it today)

do i need ie8 installed instead of ie7?

cheers

#2 2011-01-11 19:39:02

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Problem with IE8 tab on Vista

Hi,

You should not need to install ie8 in order to have the IE8 instance working in IETester. I tried and couldn't reproduce your problem.

Do you have IE extensions installed or a proxy defined in the IE settings ?

#3 2011-01-11 22:00:19

getDepth

hi fabrice thank you for your reply

i had a look in the settings and could not see a defined proxy. when you say extensions do you mean 'add-ons'? i have disabled all of the add ons that were enabled in ie7 but the ie8 tab still does not work..

have you any other ideas? it would be so great to have ie8 working aswell!

cheers

#4 2011-01-12 05:58:32

Ricardo

Why don't you upgrade that IE7? Anyway, I would wait for IE9 final later this year.
As Fabrice said, you need to install IE8 in the system to have is working in IETester, because it uses files from the system.

#5 2011-01-12 06:11:23

getDepth

hi ricardo thanks for your response.

sorry why do i need to upgrade ie7? (strangely i cant seem to find any links to upgrade ie7 on vista anyway)

also fabrice said i didnt need to install ie8:

fabrice wrote:

You should not need to install ie8 in order to have the IE8 instance working in IETester

ultimately i need to be using this program for cross browser testing now so i would really like to get it to work rather than wait for a new version later in the year.

cheers

#6 2011-01-12 09:05:06

Ricardo

Sorry, my fault about ie8 necessity.
IE8 is much better than IE7: good reason to upgrade. Easy to upgrade too.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/intern … sites.aspx

#7 2011-01-12 09:13:19

getDepth

sorry i thought i needed ie7 installed to run it ieTester though?

dont worry i dont actually use ie7 for anything other than cross browser testing and if i could just install ie6, ie7, and ie8 on vista i would but that is impossible. ieTester is the only real solution to that problem hence why i am so grateful for it having been made and why i really want to get it working smile

#8 2011-01-12 11:05:38

fabrice
DebugBar Support

I really don't know why it's not working. Do you have win vista 64 bits by any change. I know there are issues with this version, but I don't have a virtual machine with this version so I cannot test.

#9 2011-01-12 12:50:27

getDepth

no i am running the 32 bit version of vista - god knows how much i wish i wasnt! wink

seems a shame i cant get it working. i'll try reinstalling ieTester see if that works