DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-02-17 15:15:54

rupurt

IE 6 not showing anything with alphaImageLoader

I have been using IE tester for a while and all of a sudden after upgrading to 0.4.7 transparent png's have stopped working. I've tried downgrading to 0.4.6 and 0.4.4 and they still have the same problem. The problem affects all sites not just mine.

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP2.

#2 2011-02-17 16:51:19

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: IE 6 not showing anything with alphaImageLoader

Are you running IETester in admin mode ? If not try to run it in admin mode.
Otherwise, unfortunately, transparency is not working fine and not stable on IETester (in admin mode) right now.

This might change in future versions.

#3 2011-02-22 00:56:01

RichieZwang

i am facing the same problem as I download IETester for window 7 for javascript engines. I don't to how to resolve this problem. Any suggestion related to this will be helpful.

[url=http://www.sleepandinsomnia.co.uk]Insomnia Information[/url]

#4 2011-02-27 15:14:59

rupurt

I've tried admin/non admin mode and it doesn't make a difference. I've also tried XP compatibility mode but that doesn't work either.

I'm not sure it is actually an IE tester problem as this version used to work fine. I have installed the latest IE 9 beta. Do you think that could be the problem?

#5 2011-02-27 15:36:07

rupurt

I've just removed the IE 9 release candidate and that has fixed the problem. I guess it must update some of the shared libraries that IETester uses.

#6 2011-05-03 09:38:01

toad78

I have Windows 7 and I uninstalled IE9, uninstalled IETester, rebooted, reinstalled IETester and still have the same problem. I even tested IETester IE6 browser on many websites that show IE6 transparency fixes with demos and I can see the backgrounds that are suppose to be transparent.

When shall we see a fix for this?

#7 2011-05-03 15:29:04

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

IETester development is highly dependant on the spare time I can find to work on it, so it's very difficult for me to have any defined roadmap.
Moreover, there are more and more complex problems trying to improve IETester integration with the system, so it's really difficult to solve the remaining problem to make IETester 100% perfect.

I hope to have time to continue developing it as soon as I can get some free time.

Regards.