DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-06-06 01:32:59

Ellutu

File upload input broken

I just noticed the file upload field is completely broken in v0.4.10 in IE versions 7 and 8. When using a simple HTML page with just "<input type="file" />" both the IE6 and IE9 tabs display it correctly (as far as it is possible for IE6 to display anything correctly, that is :-]), and it's possible to select a file. IE7 and IE8 tabs however show an input next to a button with no text that isn't clickable. It might be possible to enter a path to a file, but who ever does that.. All known JS/CSS hacks for file inputs depend on the button having a size and being clickable, so this currently makes it impossible for me to test the one feature that differs so much in all browsers..

I know for a fact that this used to work once, and I'd be very pleased to see it solved!

EDIT: I'm running Win7 64bit by the way. My OS is in English (I'm Dutch though and live in Holland, maybe it's a localization problem somehow related to that?). IE9 is installed on my system.

EDIT2: Hrm, I can't get it to work in any version (tried down to 0.4), even though I'm a 100% positive I used a version downloaded a few months ago to test my upload button replacements. Tried setting a couple of languages as well because I thought that maybe it got confused over languages and thus couldn't display a button text. Can't seem to solve it that way though.

Last edited by Ellutu (2011-06-06 01:52:12)