DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#26 2011-01-21 12:07:46

coopersita

Re: [WINDOWS 7] Internet Explorer 7 Tab Blank? Doesn't Load or Interact?

I have the latest version, and copy/pasting the address in the address bar doesn't work.

#27 2011-02-13 05:42:55

danissimo

Same problem with IE7 tab, version 0.4.7, Win7 x64

#28 2011-02-27 06:58:19

MaureenT

I have the same problem. Local files just come up with a blank page in the IE7 tab. I'm running version 0.4.8 in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Compatibility mode is not enabled, and the "fix" that someone else posted in this thread does not work either. Ironically, when I got this new computer with Windows 7, I was thinking that my previous XP issue with IE Tester would be resolved, and everything would be great. Now, though the XP problem is no longer a factor, there's this new problem. The fact that this issue was first reported way back in July of 2009 and is still around leads me to believe that it is never going to get fixed.

#29 2011-03-01 03:41:37

beast

Hey, i got the "local files ie7 issue" only one thing helped:

####
To clarify for qee: Find the file path you are trying to open (eg: C:\website\index.html ). Go to the root directory by entering it in the address bar or by clicking browse via "All Versions of IE" and selecting IE7. The file path would look like: C:\website\ . Then, type in the filename, ending up to be: C:\website\index.html . The local file will then open in IE7.
####

that work! U get this?

Short:
- open the ie7 Tab.
- enter the adress to ur testing file: (eg) C:\website\index.html
- delete the filename. After that, theres only ur folder in ur adressbar:  C:\website\
- Press enter.
- Your folder shows up.
- now paste your filename behidn your folder in the adressbar C:\website\index.html
- press enter.

voilą: ie7 Tab shows the content of the local file

im using win 7 64bit

Last edited by beast (2011-03-01 03:42:17)

#30 2011-03-13 20:22:26

yuanyelss

Just find ietester EXE and to ensure the compatibility mode is turned off, rather than the Windows XP SP3. Then, it seemed to work...

#31 2011-06-02 03:54:06

tiggsinbklyn

Hello!
Has anyone found a surefire fix for the blank IE7 tab in IETester yet? I have tried the two suggested solutions from previous replies:

1. browse via "All Versions of IE", selecting IE7 and cutting and pasting URL
2. I also checked to see if compatibility mode was turned off in the EXE properties (it was)

but I'm still stuck. I simply can't test in IE7. Solution 1. did work for me twice -- randomly -- and then quit working. Solution 2 had no bearing on the matter.
I see no posts since March, so I'm hoping someone can fill me in on a fix.

I have the latest version of IETester and I'm using Win7 x32

Many thanks in advance.

#32 2011-06-06 10:36:27

etss

yes.. i have a problem with that too... ie7 tester is not showing anything on some of the websites i ve tried.. let s say most of them.. i have win7 build 7600... also on ie9 i cant see some of the header backgrounds and styles.. anyway, ietester is great.. just wanted to say that;)...

#33 2011-06-12 03:12:22

azzaelle

Thanks for the tips guys, worked perfect for me

[url=http://inowweb.com]Website Design[/url]

#34 2011-06-29 03:05:04

jouwnaam

I have this problem as well, but was able to "fix" it by running IE Tester as Administrator.

Find the exe file in Explorer (C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Services\IETester), right click, "run as Administrator" (or something like that, don't have english version).

Did not have this problem in XP. Switched to Windows 7 (64 bit) recently.