DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2008-03-05 08:39:31

epoudret

Bug with popup windows

IEtester stop running when i click on a link supposed to open a login popup window.
Have you ever seen this ? And is there a solution
Thanks a lot
Emmanuel

#2 2008-03-08 14:32:03

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Bug with popup windows

Hi,

I tester on my side and it is working fine.
Can you provide an url to a public page when I can reproduce the bug ?

Thanks.

#3 2008-03-12 13:58:15

bmzero

I am having the exact same problem. The page I'm testing on is not a public page, so it wouldn't do any good for me to give out the URL. This popup is opened by the following js code:

function popupAlert(message, useOkCancel) {
    var okCancelFlag = useOkCancel == null ? false : useOkCancel;
    var dialogOptions = "center:yes;help:no;status:no;scroll:no;dialogHeight:250px;dialogWidth:500px;"

if(window.showModalDialog != null) {
        popupAlertWin = window.showModalDialog("/alertPopup.aspx?dealerId=1&confirmationType=" + (okCancelFlag ? 2 : 1) + "&message=" + escape(message),null,dialogOptions);
    } else {
        popupAlertWin = popupWin(popupAlertWin,"popupAlertWin",true,"/alertPopup.aspx?dealerId=1&confirmationType=" + (okCancelFlag ? 2 : 1) + "&message=" + escape(message),250,500,false,false,false,false,false,false);
    }

return popupAlertWin;
}

#4 2008-03-12 17:58:13

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Well,

I understand the problem now. I was using "window.open" for my test.

I tested showModalDialog and it is locking IETester window. Do you have the same behaviour (that is IETester window still there but unable to click on it), or do you have a crash ?

I will look at this problem and try to provide a correction.

#5 2008-03-12 18:42:36

bmzero

No crash, but when I click within IETester, I get the Windows "ding" that I would expect with a modal dialog open. I have to end task to close IETester.

#6 2008-03-13 13:16:09

cynferdd

good morning.
I also have a bug while trying to open popups.
I went on my website : http://cynferdd.free.fr , and when I clicked on the logo to open a popup which contains the rest of the site, I can't see the popup. It opens another window with this url : http://cynferdd.free.fr/#

I did this 2 times with IE 5.5, and one time with IE 6, and then there was a crash :

http://infested.free.fr/receive/bug_ietester.jpg

I have IE6 at my work, so I tested and the code goes well here ^^

However, I wanted (as it's my first post) to congratulate you for this really helpful software. I have IE7 at home, and so I couldn't test with old versions of IE. Thanks a lot smile

#7 2008-03-14 00:00:49

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

Thanks for the congrats big_smile

I tested and can reproduce the problem. For IE6, I get an Out Of Memory bug. I just don't know what is happening ! Really strange. I will try to correct it on a future release.

I will also check why the popup window does not open.

I managed to make showModalDialog working so it should be ok on the next release.

#8 2009-03-25 23:41:26

markbrown4

window.open isn't opening a window but rather a new tab.
In a system that I develop there is extensive javascript that works between a window and it's parent and none of this works.

Our js to launch a new window looks like:
var oWindow = window.open(sURL, '', 'width=' + lWidth + ',height=' + lHeight + ',resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,status=yes,top=' + lWinTop + ',left=' + lWinLeft);

Thanks,

#9 2009-03-26 06:52:02

fabrice
DebugBar Support

yes, window.open is opening, but it is not returning the new window object. I am aware of this limitation, I know how to correct the problem and it should be solved soon in a future release.