DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2008-03-10 08:51:55

gswkaiser

Finally!

Finally! A decent and useful IE debugging capability!

Great, great job!

This is, by far, the best developper tool I have seen for IE by now, a real quantum leap in capabilities and productivity gains!

And it finally provides some FireBug-like capabilities.

Well, it is not yet as advanced as FireBug, but I am sure, that this will happen!

I do have some suggestions, to make it even better, though.

Style display:

Could the CSS-Parameters be displayed in lower-case letters?

=============================================

The element currently selected ist only highlighted for a very short time on selection.

It is desirable to have that highlighted until the next selection, so that you know, where you are at.

The rules applied are indicated like "/* Rule N°28 from /ZDF/style/print/print_heute.css */"

Could this be changed to "/* Line N° 123 in  /ZDF/style/print/print_heute.css */"

FireBug not only displays the rule applied, but all rules of a selector, striking out the the rules no longer in effect as the were later overwritten.

This greatly helps optimize the CSS and to remove redundant definitions....

The coolest FireBug CSS-feature is the ability to add/modify/delete CSS definitions in an selector, seeing immediately the effect of CSS-changes

It even allows changes in the "Layout" display of an element.....

This is also desperately needed for IE......

The "Attrs" tab should allow to add/delete attributes, with immediate WYSIWYG display.

The "Source" tab should allow to add/delete HTML, with immediate WYSIWYG display.

=======================================================================================================================

Please do not consider this to be a criticism of any kind, it is definitely not!

Just some ideas about making it even better.

Again, a superb job!

#2 2008-03-10 12:31:14

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Finally!

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Some of your requests are already in my todo. I will add the other ones as well.

Stay tuned, those features will happen in future releases !

#3 2008-03-11 05:26:27

gswkaiser

Some more features:

Display "Comp. Style" entries sorted alphabetically.

On page reload display last context, so that you do not need to identify an element again.

"F5" and "Ctrl+R" do not always work.

Eliminate the need of the "target" to identify an element, just make it "clickable"

#4 2008-03-11 10:38:23

fabrice
DebugBar Support

->Eliminate the need of the "target" to identify an element, just make it "clickable"

I don't understand this one. Can you be more precise ?