DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-05-05 16:46:27

Rayzur

Problem Viewing Local Files

Hi,
I seem to be having trouble opening local files with IETester. When I past an address into the address bar I can't seem to figure out how to make it engage. Say for example I am using a native copy of IE I just simply past in the file path and click (->GO). It seems that I have to load the file up to my server and then bookmark it in my IE favorites and then view it in IETester by locating it in my bookmarks. What is going wrong here, is there not a (GO) button.

I have MultipleIE's installed also, is that causing problems with IETester? I am about ready to uninstall the MultipleIE's but it seems to be the only way I can view files on my local machine right now.

#2 2009-05-05 16:59:44

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Problem Viewing Local Files

Hi,

You can just paste the path to the ietester address bar and press "Enter" key.

By the way, you didn't read the "announcement". What is your OS ? What is your IE version ? What IE tab version are you opening ?

#3 2009-05-05 17:10:36

Rayzur

Hi,
Sorry about that, The announcement was right in front of my face and I missed it.

IETester v0.2.3
Windows XP Pro
Service Pack 3
IE 8

The "Enter" key worked just fine. I will be uninstalling Multiple IE's now, it is just to unpredictable and IETester works much better.

Should I upgrade to the current version of IETester also?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Rayzur (2009-05-05 17:14:29)

#4 2009-05-05 17:20:11

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Should I upgrade to the current version of IETester also?

As you want. It's free.