DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-05-25 18:14:29

austinbedell

IETester / rendering site the same on all versions

Hello,

I'm running XP on a machine that is very stripped down (there are no other applications) as I'm only using it to test websites on various versions of IE.

I was previously running MultipleIE and seemed to be working fine until I tried to incorporate IE8.

Basically I installed IETester so I could test all versions in 1 app and everything runs. The issue is that it seems to not be accurately rendering IE6 and IE7. My layouts look correct in IE6,7,8 in IETester, but my client is viewing the site on his version of IE6 and IE7 and there are some major spacing/alignment issues. So I double checked the spacing on netrenderer.com and the screenshots confirm that IETester is rendering the site differently.

Thought maybe it was IE8 so I uninstalled back to IE7, and uninstalled Multiple IE, IETester and then re-installed IETester and still no luck.

Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
--
Austin

#2 2009-05-25 18:43:02

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: IETester / rendering site the same on all versions

Hi,

As Stated in the "Announcement", can you be precise ? : What is your OS Version including Service Pack, what is your installed IE version ? What is the url of your web site ?
What are the IE tab versions you are opening ?

Also, can you check the cache problem discussed on this thread ? :

http://www.my-debugbar.com/forum/t282-User-Agents.html

#3 2009-05-25 19:02:40

austinbedell

Hello,
Thanks again for your response, sorry about the vagueness of my post.

I'm pretty new at this so this is more of an education in how to get IE to render things consistently on my PC so I appreciate the help.

Here's the system info:

Windows XP Pro / Ver. 2002 / SP 3

IE 7.0.5730.13IC is my base base browser

The website link is:

http://www.austinbedell.com/clients/paymasters/
(The issue I'm trying to replicate in IETester 6 and 7 has to do with the nav bar background orange not showing up and placement of body copy pushed over to the right.)

I tried refreshing the cache and resetting IE to no avail.

--
Austin

#4 2009-06-03 11:57:48

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

First, your page is using flash and flash does not work very well under IETester so far.

Then, I don't understand the exact problem. Does it happen on IE6 ? on IE7 ? on both ?