DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-03-03 20:41:58

gs

Ability to change CSS attributes on-the-fly

Hi,

Just wondering how far you are from having the functionality in the subject built into DebugBar. We're currently evaluating the tool and while it is handy for many things, changing CSS attributes on the fly is the only thing stopping us from purchasing a license as it would save us a lot of edit/save/reload time. I know that if I'm using jQuery I can use the library to find an element and change some attribute on it, but it's not ideal.

Also, I've found times when I've had to debug a pop-up window and DebugBar is on the parent window, and since the toolbars were hidden in the pop-up, I was not able to use DebugBar on it. Is there a way to do it? If not, consider it a feature request smile

Thanks,
Gonzalo.

#2 2009-03-03 20:51:43

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Ability to change CSS attributes on-the-fly

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the tool.

Just wondering how far you are from having the functionality in the subject built into DebugBar. We're currently evaluating the tool and while it is handy for many things, changing CSS attributes on the fly is the only thing stopping us from purchasing a license as it would save us a lot of edit/save/reload time. I know that if I'm using jQuery I can use the library to find an element and change some attribute on it, but it's not ideal.

This is will come right after the next version ! The next version is just internal changes that will handle DebugBar to be integrated into IETester. It is already done, and will be launched soon.
Then, I will work on CSS live editing for the next release. I hope to launch this version in April or May if I have some time.

Also, I've found times when I've had to debug a pop-up window and DebugBar is on the parent window, and since the toolbars were hidden in the pop-up, I was not able to use DebugBar on it. Is there a way to do it? If not, consider it a feature request

DebugBar has some shortcut keys to open the sidebar. Those shortcut keys are disabled by default. Just go to the options and enable the one for the development bar.
Then, you can use this shortcut to open the sidebar on a popup window. (Note that it may not work perfectly in IE8 as IE8 is multi-process).

Hope this helps.

#3 2009-06-03 09:17:53

CisJokey

Hello Dear

Can you give me help with this Debugbar aktivation in Modal Windows.
"Just go to the options and enable the one for the development bar."

I could not find these options, can you give me a short description or the default shortcut to activate the debugbar in Modal Windows?

Thanks

#4 2009-06-03 09:24:46

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

You will find the DebugBar Options dialog on the toolbar menu :

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/Doc/Toolbar

(this is the first button). A menu will open when you click on the first button and you select "Customize DebugBar".

Then you go to the "Shortcuts" tab and you can enable/disable as well as choose the shortcut key that will open DebugBar panel.

Note that for IE7 and IE8 the document must have the focus (for instance, when the address bar has the focus, this is not working). To do so, just click on the web page and that should be ok then to use the shortcut.

#5 2009-06-03 12:07:16

CisJokey

Oh my dear, now I see it. Very helpfull, thank you.

#6 2009-06-03 13:44:16

fabrice
DebugBar Support

You're welcome smile

#7 2010-08-19 15:41:15

expressskiphire

I have got it also. Thank you JFR

#8 2012-01-25 20:19:07

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that this feature has been added on DebugBar version 6 !

Regards.