DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-08-12 12:35:18

Pedro

Technical questions related to IETester

Hi,

first of all I'm sorry about this a bit off-topic post. There's no doubt IETester is an amazing tool and a major hack as well (in a good word meaning of course). After reading your 'HowDoesItWork' page I started to look around a little because I was really curious how could you achieve to embed multiple versions of IE into single process. I've found a few hooking API's, among them Detours library which looks really useful. What I would like to ask, if you've implemented your own hooking API or you used already implemented one. Another thing, which I was thinking about is, if you were able to use some wrapper class or even MFC's CHTMLView or it was necessary to compose the entire IE functionality using raw COM objects like IWebBrowser2. Did you hooked even COM methods or only some Win32 functions? I don't know if my questions are well formed (or make sense), since I know all this technology only in theory and especially function hooking is something very new for me. Before I've read your pages I didn't even know about such a practice. Sorry if my questions are too obtrusive, I was really impressed by your work.

Good luck!

#2 2009-08-12 13:04:42

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Technical questions related to IETester

Hi,

What I would like to ask, if you've implemented your own hooking API or you used already implemented one

IETester is using Detours.

Another thing, which I was thinking about is, if you were able to use some wrapper class or even MFC's CHTMLView or it was necessary to compose the entire IE functionality using raw COM objects like IWebBrowser2

You can use both.

Did you hooked even COM methods or only some Win32 functions?

Both.

#3 2009-08-12 13:29:17

Pedro

Thank you for a quick answers!

#4 2010-09-09 01:40:25

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

you can find some answers here :

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HowDoesItWork