DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-07-08 19:57:48

ZHeKKa

plugin IETester for Mozilla Firefox?

Dear developers,
thank you for the excellent program IETester, very helpful when debugging pages for IE!
My question to you and offer: how to account for the release IETester as a plugin for Mozilla Firefox? now trying to create something similar (plugins IE Tab, IE NetRenderer and others), but they do not pull for the development. If you are implementing a plugin for the likeness of your program IETester, so you can open a page in a separate tab, and render with the specifics of the required browser (IE 6, 7, 8), plus that it can be to debug through plugins FireBug or Web Developers Tools - then I believe that the vast majority of developers will be very grateful!
What do you think about this and if any of you plan to implement such a plugin?

Last edited by ZHeKKa (2009-07-08 19:58:06)

#2 2009-07-09 07:54:41

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: plugin IETester for Mozilla Firefox?

Hi,

I don't think this will happen soon. First IETester is not stable, so having the IETester engine embedded in Firefox will crash the entire Firefox which is not so good.

Then, it won't change anything regarding Firebug. Firebug is a Firefox extension, it has nothing to do with IE, so even if you have IE embedded into Firefox it is not possible at all to use Firebug with an IE tab.

#3 2009-09-09 10:40:19

Kietna Qu'Tak

Hello! If we are talking about IE Tab and Firefox I am used to Ctrl+click on the IE Tab icon what opens currently view page in the Internet Explorer. It is also possible to set the path to external browser. When I have point it to IETester and try Ctrl+click then IETester opens only with the default IE tab. Are there any parameters that can be entered into IE Tab so that IETester loads IE6-8 tabs at once?

#4 2009-09-09 14:22:45

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

Are there any parameters that can be entered into IE Tab so that IETester loads IE6-8 tabs at once?

You can do this using command line parameters when launching IETester :

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETeste … eArguments

#5 2009-09-10 09:27:26

Kietna Qu'Tak

Hello! Thanks for those parameters but maybe I don't know how to use them or they are not working with IE Tab. I was trying "-all" and "-ie6 -ie7 -ie8" (need only those 3). When used "-all" only the default IE is opened. When combination of three parameters no page is opened. Any suggestions on what am I doing wrong?

#6 2009-09-10 09:43:20

fabrice
DebugBar Support

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.
Those command line options are for IETester not IETab.

Are you using IETab or IETester ?

#7 2009-09-10 10:08:20

Kietna Qu'Tak

Maybe it's my fault cause I thought that place for parameters in IE Tab are for external browser parameters so in IE Tab I was trying to use IETester attributes to force opening at least IE6,7,8 tabs. Does anyone know if there is such option?

#8 2009-09-10 10:15:55

fabrice
DebugBar Support

You should post this question on an IETab forum or contact the people that implemented IETab.