DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-06-26 08:07:08

xelnaha

a "Follow" option

Hi,

First of all, a massive improvement in the world of webapp testing!
I would like to see the following:

If I open multiple versions of IE explorer, I would like it to be made possible to turn on a "follow" option.
When I work in one window, I would like IETest to also perform those actions on all the other windows.

For example:

I have 2 open panes, shown next to eachother. When I scroll in window 1 that window 2 also automatically scrolls.
When I click on a link in window 1, that the other windows also go to this link etc.

This would significantly improve the functionality of the tool in my oppinion.

yours

#2 2009-06-26 08:12:02

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: a "Follow" option

Hi,

This is something I would like to add in a future release, but it's complex to implement, so it may take a while before a version is launched with this feature.

#3 2009-11-26 17:10:54

TheTestManager

xelnaha wrote:

Hi,

First of all, a massive improvement in the world of webapp testing!
I would like to see the following:

If I open multiple versions of IE explorer, I would like it to be made possible to turn on a "follow" option.
When I work in one window, I would like IETest to also perform those actions on all the other windows.

For example:

I have 2 open panes, shown next to eachother. When I scroll in window 1 that window 2 also automatically scrolls.
When I click on a link in window 1, that the other windows also go to this link etc.

This would significantly improve the functionality of the tool in my oppinion.

yours

I was just about to request the same thing :-)

This functionality already exists in Microsoft Super-Preview in case anyone needs it immediately.

@fabrice - Great tool by the way

#4 2009-11-26 17:18:41

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Yes, the feature is still in my todo, but won't be easy to implement with the multiprocess mode :-(