DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-12-10 15:32:37

pmsquillace

When my Debugbar is open for a certain amount of time...

Hello All:

I am running Windows XP SP3 inside Virtual Box on my Mac. I am not sure if this is because I am running on a mac or what but I get this error after some time of DebugBar being open:

The instruction at "0x7e8db5cc" referenced memory at "0x7e8db5cc".The Memory could not be "read".

And then the option to terminate the program or to cancel the debug program. Then I cannot restart the program unless I reboot the machine.

Then a crash report to MS.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be a great help.

Paul

#2 2009-12-10 17:13:54

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: When my Debugbar is open for a certain amount of time...

Hi,;

What do you mean by "DebugBar being open". Debugbar is not an application by itself, it runs inside another application, actually IE or IETester. Which application are you using ?

Do you have more detailled information about the crash ?

How do you know DebugBar is the cause of the crash ?

Thanks.

#3 2009-12-10 19:04:54

pmsquillace

Thanks JFR for the reply.

I meant to say that IE Tester was the program that is crashing. The only thing I can tell you is what I posted what has happened when it crashes I get that message.

The instruction at "0x7e8db5cc" referenced memory at "0x7e8db5cc".The Memory could not be "read".

I know this is IE Tester cause it is the only thing running at the time. If it helps any, I have IE8 Running on my machine.

Thanks again for the help,

Paul

#4 2009-12-10 21:54:19

fabrice
DebugBar Support

I see.

What I don't understand is why you cannot launch IETester again. And about the crash, is it a "tab" crash or the IETester main process (the main window) that is crashing ?

Are you running in multiprocess mode (this is displayed in the main window title) ?

#5 2009-12-11 20:57:19

pmsquillace

I was running in multi processor inside my virtual box but I knocked it down from 2 to 1 to see if that was the issue and rebooted. Nothing... seemed to give out about 20 min into keeping it open with no activity.

Let me also clarify though, now I can run it again I just have to open "task manager" to clear out the process for IE Tester to restart it.

#6 2009-12-12 09:04:53

fabrice
DebugBar Support

My "multiprocess" question was pointing to the IETester mode, and not the number of processors.
There are 2 modes to run IETester, multithread or multiprocess.

If you run in multiprocess mode, when a tab is crashing it does not crash the main window and IETester is not crashing.

Which mode are you using ?

#7 2009-12-14 18:55:47

pmsquillace

Well, I think it is in multiprocess mode because when it crashes, the main window stays open and just the tabs close. but then I get that message that the program quit unexpectadly and I can send it to MS if I want.

When I do that the program stays open anyways

Paul

#8 2009-12-15 09:00:51

fabrice
DebugBar Support

I suppose the message you get is from the "tab" instance process. So the tab is crashing, but the main window process is working ok. So you can continue to use IETester.

I'll try to improve this in the future IETester versions.