DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-01-06 04:45:24

sheilahoff

Newbie "dumb" questions

Just discovered this great tool and have the newest version installed. I need to ask two questions:

1) I'm running Vista SP2 with IE7 installed. Do I need to upgrade to v9 in order for IETester to give me that option. Right now it shows IE9 as grayed out although it does test for 8 which I didn't have either.

2) Am I just missing it... when I say test in all browsers I can't tell which tab is which browser. I don't see any labels. I'm just assuming the tabs go in order from left to right earliest to latest. Is that correct? Or is there another way to tell?

Thanks,
Sheila

Last edited by sheilahoff (2011-01-06 04:46:18)

#2 2011-01-06 16:31:35

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Newbie "dumb" questions

Hi,

1) You can follow the link from the homepage :

Note for IE9 : IETester installer does not include IE9 files, so you will need to install IE9 preview and copy files manually : See How To install IE9 under IETester (IE9 Preview requires Vista SP2 or Windows 7).

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/IE9Preview

2) Each tab has an icon and this icon has the IE version number in it.

Hope that helps.

#3 2011-01-07 05:56:28

sheilahoff

Merci!

If I just upgrade my v 7 to v 9 will that automatically allow previewing in 9 or do I still need to follow those directions?

And I saw those icons in the tabs. They're so PETITE I couldn't read them. Now that I know what they are I can sort of distinguish them.

#4 2011-05-03 04:19:12

p1ckles

I am having the same issue. I followed the link provided by @fabrice, however there now is a message saying that IE9 is included in the install of the latest version. I downloaded the latest version of IETester (v04.10) this morning, yet IE9 is still grayed out. Not sure what I've done wrong?

I'm using Windows XP, Service Pack 2 and have IE7 installed as my "main" IE. Appreciate any help!

#5 2011-05-03 15:38:03

fabrice
DebugBar Support

IE9 tab in IETester is working only on machines with Vista SP2 or a newer version of the Windows OS.

So on Windows XP, the tab will be grayed as IE9 cannot run on Windows XP.

#6 2011-05-06 09:27:34

p1ckles

Ahh, thank you @fabrice, that makes sense.