DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-05-19 21:18:18

spaggie

Instant crash for IE5.5 and IE6 on Windows 7

I am running:

IETester version: 0.4.10
IE Tab: 5.5 & 6
Test case: any url, crashes before url is entered

A solution to this has been suggested that a proxy has been defined and once this is removed the tabs will work.
As far as I can tell I have not defined a proxy (would someone be able to tell me where in the settings to look?)

Is there another solution to fix this problem?

#2 2011-07-14 09:22:59

nickJNH

Re: Instant crash for IE5.5 and IE6 on Windows 7

I'm glad you submitted this because I thought it was only me at first.  The issue is definitely related to the proxy settings for me.  Initially, I had "automatically detect settings" activated, and the same failures were happening for me.  Once I turned off automatically detect and manually put in the proxy ip address, IE5.5 and IE6 started working.  So maybe you have automatically detect set and need to turn it off?  And if you're running behind a proxy, try to put that in manually.

#3 2011-07-27 14:03:47

cbc

Re: Instant crash for IE5.5 and IE6 on Windows 7

This thread seems to cover the same issue as described here:
http://www.my-debugbar.com/forum/t771-T … ndows.html

I also experience this problem, but I definitely do not have any proxy settings specified. This also is not limited to Windows 7. My details:

* Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 2
* IE 9.0.8112.16421
* IETester v0.4.10
* IETester tabs: 5.5 & 6