DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-08-24 22:05:02

johnm

IE6 tab crashes after refresh

I'm able to load the page (localhost) for the first time. But when I click on the refresh button after making my css amendments, it crashes.

IETester ver: 0.4.11
IE Tab: IE6

Scripts used: Modernizer, jQuery 1.6.1, DD_belatedPNG fix.

[url=http://www.audiliew.sg/]photography in singapore[/url]

#2 2012-01-21 06:20:01

cmc.tech

Re: IE6 tab crashes after refresh

I chose this topic because I think it is the closest to my problem of all the posts, though there may be some overlap with others.

When I open an IE9 tab for testing a locally stored page and then also open an IE8 or IE7 tab, the program works for a short while, but then I get the Windows Vista "IETester has stopped working..." error message. I choose "Close the program" and then go to the IETester UI, if it's not already focused. I, then, notice the IETester tab error message "A tab has crashed for an unknown reason..." with the icon of the tab that crashed. However, the IE9 tab will still be "happy in its home". This has happened repeatedly with just the IE8 and IE7 tabs, to the best of my recollection, and after having used the refresh button more than once, in most cases, on the IE9 tab.

In reference to other crash posts, I do not use any proxy settings, but I do have some custom [simple] scripts, and the auto-generated script from Artisteer 2.6 web template creator. The rest of my general system configurations are listed below in my signature.

I should mention, I really like this program and a few crashes will not deter me from using it, but it would be nice to get this bug worked out so that the future releases would be more stable, and, hence, easier to use. Thanks , in advance, for any assistance in this matter. Keep up the good work...

Last edited by cmc.tech (2012-01-21 06:23:50)

Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 (32-bit)
Internet Explorer 7.0.6002.18005
IETester Version: v0.4.11