DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2008-05-23 00:35:27

idefixx

<!--[if IE 8]>

Hi, I'm not sure how to use CC (in the HTML doc header) for IE 8 beta 1 in my version of IETester 0.2.1 on 64bit Vista system.
This works fine:
<!--[if IE 7]><link href='./design/style-ie-7.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen, projection' /><![endif]-->

And this is not workin' (IE 8 is not reading special CSS):
<!--[if IE 8]><link href='./design/style-ie-8.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' media='screen, projection' /><![endif]-->
(I've also tried "gte IE 8",... etc.)

Is it possible to work with IE 8 in IETester this way? Or is its "ID" like IE 7's?

Thanks in advance for any answer or links (that I've possibly missed when Goooo... wink,
IFx

#2 2008-05-23 07:05:21

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: <!--[if IE 8]>

Hi,

Unfortunately, conditional comments are not working with IE8 beta 1 instance into IETester.

I have tried to correct this problem, but couldn't find a solution so far.

I will still work on it to find a solution for a future release.

Conditional comments are working ok under I5.5, IE6, and IE7.

#3 2008-06-03 09:35:35

Tetsuo

It's sort of good to know that conditional comments don't work for IE8 beta in IETester, as I had also came across this bug and it had me confused!

Just to clarify it further for anyone else who comes across it:-

The IE8 beta rendering mode (in IETester) recognises IE7 conditional comments, and associates itself with any IE7-specific conditions only. This causes IETester to render IE8 beta with any IE7 conditonal comments you may have. Hopefully this can be fixed in the future to avoid confusion.

If Microsoft delivers on its promise of a fully-standards complient IE8, we'll never have to apply IE8 conditional comments though!

#4 2008-06-11 08:16:12

xlee

try:
<!--[if IE 8.000]><!-->
<link href='./design/style-ie-8.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' /><!--<![endif]-->