DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2009-10-08 23:52:09

reach4thelasers

Disable Cache

Since we're all web developers constantly tweaking and refreshing our pages/css a feature to disable the cache would be great.  I just wasted half an hour chasing a bug, I shift-refreshed a few times so I assumed that I was working on the latest copy.  Unfortunately it wasn't until I closed IETester and started it again that the cache refreshed and the bug disappeared!

Actually - since nobody uses IE tester for general web browsing, does it not make sense to disable the cache completely?

#2 2009-10-09 09:11:44

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Disable Cache

Yes, good point. I'll check  what I can do with caching.

#3 2012-04-11 12:14:20

lauras2012

I'm wondering about this too. I am using the latest version of IETester (as of 4/12/12) and I want to force the cache to clear (or disable it altogether). The "Disable Cache" button has one of those red circles with a slash through it, suggesting that it is not an option. I tried emptying the cache of IE altogether but not sure that worked. I restarted IETester and everything looks the same as it did before, which doesn't tell me whether I've been successful in clearing the cache or not. I don't have access to the files so I can't compare the source code before/after a change. Please help! Is it possible to force clear the cache? Thanks...

#4 2012-04-14 00:08:49

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

I have to work on the caching system right now, because I'm using the IE feature, and I'm not sure it's working correctly on IETester.

So, I'll have to investigate and maybe implement a specific version of the "disable cache" for IETester.