DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2008-06-18 16:52:29

akribie

Drag & Drop and other minor issues

Hi,

Just encountered IE Tester , downloaded and installed under XP Pro SP3.  Looks as though it could be very useful, so many thanks for putting it up.  After a quick exploratory session, I noted the following that I hope will be taken as constructive comments given the development status of IEtester.

I did have a quick hunt through the forum, so I hope I'm not repeating something I missed.

I can drag and drop from Windows Explorer into open tabs for all except IE 5.5, which refuses such attempts.

With IEtester installed as a browser inside DW CS3, nothing happens when sending a file for preview.  I suspect this is linked to the lack of response when dragging and dropping into IEtester without an open tab, but opening a tab first makes no difference out of DW.

I'm getting javascript error messages for pages that are working just fine in all original browsers.  Javascript is Google analytics plus Spry Framework menus out of DW CS3.  Nothing unusual.

And jumps to anchors on pages doesn't seem to be activated in IE8.

One suggestion (or have I missed it?).  It would be very helpful to have an option to open the current url in an alternate version.  It would be even more helpful to have an option to open a url in separate tabs for all versions in one go.

Last edited by akribie (2008-06-18 17:05:02)

#2 2008-06-18 17:52:23

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Drag & Drop and other minor issues

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

About the drag/drop issue, I know about this problem and will work on it soon.
When talking about DW, I suppose you are talking about DreamWeaver. If so, I never tested integrating IETester under DreamWeaver.
I have the command line options in my todo, so maybe using command line options you can make IETester work under DW. Otherwise I don't know how DW is sending the url to the browser. If you know it, maybe I can integrate this feature in the next IETester version.

One suggestion (or have I missed it?).  It would be very helpful to have an option to open the current url in an alternate version.  It would be even more helpful to have an option to open a url in separate tabs for all versions in one go.

This one is already in my todo list :-)

Thanks for your post, and stay tuned !

#3 2008-06-18 18:08:33

akribie

Re: Drag & Drop and other minor issues

Many thanks for the feedback.

Yes - I do mean Dreamweaver (DW).  Sorry for the shorthand.

I regret that I have no idea what format of message is sent from DW to browsers when previewing.  Works OK with all web browsers I've tried except IEtester, so I guess it's something fairly standard.

Thanks again for a very useful-looking project.  If I can help with testing anything, I'll be happy to help.