DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2007-11-23 20:26:17

youngApprentice

could not connect to IE instance Windows Vista

Hi getting the same message as the above posting from atomgiant. "The Companion.JS Debugger could not connect to IE instance yet..." Microsoft's site states that their Script debugger is deprecated unsupported technology now, the one required to use Companion.JS. I have unchecked the two disable script debugging checkboxes, installed the script debugger, and then installed Companion.JS.

If I type alert("bonjour toute monde"); in the console for the CompanionJS explorer bar, I immediately get "The Companion.JS Debugger could not connect to IE instance yet..."

I have run the install as an admin on a Windows Vista PC to no avail.

Help S'il vous plait,

youngApprentice.

#2 2007-11-23 21:34:33

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: could not connect to IE instance Windows Vista

Hi,

Do you have Office 2003 installed ? If so, be sure to Do the following (posted on the wiki by another user) :

PROBLEM SOLVED! It's a .NET v2 Thing. Disable "Just in Time" Debugging by firing up MS Word, go to Tools->Macro->Microsoft Script Editor. In Script Editor, go to Tools->Options->Debugging. Click "JIT Settings". Clear the checkbox for "JIT Debugging". OK the dialogs. Close Word. Restart IE.

Hope it will solve the problem !

#3 2007-11-24 18:53:46

youngApprentice

Office XP (2002) is installed, and there's a setting for JIT Debugging in there, already turned off. Still I can't use companion.js on Windows Vista, and IE 7

#4 2007-12-16 21:03:13

mroeling

Same problem here: Vista, Office 2007, JSCompagnion 0.2.
Other extensions loaded: IE7Pro, IE developer toolbar

#5 2007-12-19 09:27:18

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

That is bad :-(
I have an internal version 0.2.1 that is correcting some registration issue. I will send it to you so you can test (if you want to, of course !).

Thanks for reporting...

#6 2007-12-19 09:37:32

mroeling

Yes please! You can use the e-mail address I use on this board.