DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2011-08-30 02:10:13

Bion

Request: copy&paste functionality

Hi there,

i'm not sure whether it's not a bug, however copy & paste functionality doesn't work. It would be nice feature as i usually use IETester for testing various application which require logging and entering passwords like aR34a%adU98, etc. Currently using version 0.4.11 and Win7 copy&paste doesn't work. I guess application somehow can't access memory data and ctrl+v doesn't work.

Please respond with your answer. Thanks and good luck.

#2 2011-08-30 17:27:12

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Request: copy&paste functionality

Hi,

Cqn you give q pqge where I can test on your specific form, because I tried with google and gmail form and it is working correctly on my side.
Also, can you provide all the possible information, as stated in the Announcement ?

Thanks.

#3 2011-08-30 21:41:19

Bion

fabrice wrote:

Hi,

Cqn you give q pqge where I can test on your specific form, because I tried with google and gmail form and it is working correctly on my side.
Also, can you provide all the possible information, as stated in the Announcement ?

Thanks.

FYI

* Provide your OS version (INCLUDING service pack) and installed IE version.
WIN7 Ultimate SP1, IE 9.0.8112.16421

* Provide your IETester version

* Provide the IE Tab version opened to generate the problem
IE7, but probably any IE version.

* Provide a test case with a sample url or sample code to reproduce the problem
http://www.manobite.lt , there is a login form. CTRL+V doesn't work, right mouse click doesn't show menu.

* Provide a step by step explanation on how to reproduce the problem.
1. Copy any text outside IEtester, e.g. copy password text in text editor.
2. Go to wwwmanobite.lt ant try to paste copied text in form with ctrl+v or right mouse click + paste.

#4 2011-08-31 19:41:53

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Thanks. Not sure, but It might be a problem with the javascript attached to the input elements.

Can you try on google.com and paste some text into the search box ? If it works, this is a specific problem with your page.
That still means that it's a IETester bug, but not a generic bug with copy/paste, but maybe specific with javascript code.

#5 2011-09-04 21:47:13

Bion

fabrice wrote:

Thanks. Not sure, but It might be a problem with the javascript attached to the input elements.

Can you try on google.com and paste some text into the search box ? If it works, this is a specific problem with your page.
That still means that it's a IETester bug, but not a generic bug with copy/paste, but maybe specific with javascript code.

Hi,

yes it works on google.com but only with IE9 tab (and 6, 5,5). IE8&IE7 still doesn't work, thus it might be a problem with IE7/8 tabs only.

#6 2012-07-30 17:15:31

Chrose

Hi

I'm having the exact same issue as Bion. I can copy/paste on IE9, but when I try to do it on 8 or 7 it just doesn't work.

I'm also using W7 SP1 with 0.4.11

Has there been any progress on this issue?

#7 2013-12-26 20:30:37

boosie

Ditto! smile