DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2012-12-28 22:01:23

Bryen

Open IETester without any menus?

Is it possible to open IETester without any menus from a command prompt?

#2 2012-12-29 02:01:16

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Open IETester without any menus?

Hi,

You can use command line arguments to open IETester from command line:

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETeste … eArguments

Hope this helps.

#3 2012-12-31 15:29:28

Bryen

Thank you for your reply.  I did see that page and am currently using that method to open an application in IE6 mode.  Truly liking what I am seeing with this because it is simple and lightweight, it works and by your description it is free.  My dilemma is that I have a web app that only functions in IE6, and IE itself does a horrible job in compatibility mode.  Currently we are using Citrix as a work around, but it is fairly costly and heavy on resources.  So, yes I would like to use IETester in a different manner than intended, what I was looking for is some kind of almost kiosk mode so end users don’t see a bunch of buttons they do not need to worry about.

#4 2012-12-31 16:03:15

Bryen

Short of being able to open IETester in a kiosk mode or without any menus, are your dlls open to utilize in Visual Studio?  In short would I be able to make an IE6 browser with your dlls?  If either of these are a posibility, please let me know.  Thank you and keep up the awesome work!

#5 2013-01-02 19:18:12

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

I will investigate on the full screen mode for the next IETester version (I'm working on it right now). I'll keep you posted.

IETester dlls cannot be used directly from Visual Studio as add-ons for now.

#6 2013-01-02 19:19:11

Bryen

Please do keep me posted.  Thank you for your response.

#7 2013-02-11 18:55:05

Bryen

IETester.exe -ie6 -hideribbon "MyURL" command line in the latest version 0.5 completely satisfies my request.  Thank you very much for your time and effort on this.