DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2008-06-05 14:10:46

cez

<select> list not showing in IE 6

simple select list (see below) is not showing in IE6 tab

<label for="dis">Display</label>
<select name="dis" id="dis">
      <option selected="selected">10 results per page</option>
  </select>

the selct is visible in IE5.5 and IE7

#2 2008-06-05 21:42:26

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: <select> list not showing in IE 6

Hi,

I don't have the problem on my side. Could you provide complete page code, or some url pointing to a public sample page ?

I tested on Vista with default IE7.

Thanks.

#3 2008-06-06 08:19:44

cez

Hi

Thanks for the response, it seems that i can view the select list today in the ie 6 tab - very strange, perhapes it was something to do with the order in which i opened the tabs as i have also suffered from the program working incorrectly when i open a ie tab first, as others have stated in posts.

I will keep you posted on events.

thanks

#4 2008-06-06 08:29:44

fabrice
DebugBar Support

OK, Fine. Maybe opening tabs in a specific order may generate this problem. I know IETester is not 100% mature regarding all the possible cases that may happen.
If you could reproduce the bug, feel free to post it so I will be able to work on it.

At the same time, as I am correcting other bugs, it could be corrected in a future version.

Thanks for your feedback.

#5 2008-11-20 16:33:40

britguy

Hi

Firstly I would like to say thank you so much for developing this product! It's got me the most excited I think I have been since some one first introduce me to the web way back in 1994 LOL! well nearly LOL.

SELECT FORM ELEMENT problem. I'm getting the same problem with the form select element too. At first in only appear to be happening when in ie 6. I then close the whole  program down restarted it again and have done this step several time just to make sure. I have since found that ie 6 to work ok with select form element but the ie 5.5 tab has a big problem with rendering the element to screen instead the program gets stuck in a loop try to reload itself till it final abort the page load or you manage to get it to stop by press stop. At first I thought it was some other page element on the screen but  after a couple of hours of logical removing every element from the page and testing as I go I have found the select element to be at fault.

Can anyone advice me on a fix to this problem?

#6 2008-11-21 12:34:05

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

It is working on my machine (Vista and IE8 beta 2 as default).

Can you provide a public url where I can see the problem ?

Thanks.