DOC / WIKI 
 FORUM 
 CONTACT 
Stay tuned : rss feed

Forum Home

advanced search

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Forums are now closed as we moved them to google groups. You can use the following Google Groups to discuss about DebugBar and IETester products:

#1 2008-06-16 01:53:58

jeremy

Internet Explorer Script Error

Every time I open, refresh, etc a website I get an Internet Explorer Script Error. The one that ends in "Do you want to keep running scripts on this page? Yes No". I know even IE6 doesn't do this that often by default. What can I do to stop these annoying prompts?

Other than this, the software is wonderful.

#2 2008-06-16 08:17:07

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error

Hi,

The "Do you want to keep running scripts on this page? Yes No" is displayed when a javascript code is taking too much time for execution.
It is also happening under IE6/IE7. So it may be a standard IE behaviour and not due to IETester itself.

Can you provide me the url page where the problem is occuring ?

Thanks.

#3 2008-06-16 09:10:17

jeremy

hypem.com, kirupa.com, cssremix.com to name a few. It actually seems to happen with most pages including the default home page.

#4 2008-06-16 09:17:45

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

I tested with IETester v0.2.2 and IE6 tab under Vista with IE7 default.

I used the cssremix.com home page. At the end of the page download, I did a refresh. I didn't have any bug.
I just have a javascript error, in the first page load, and also in the refresh.
But I never have "Do you want to keep running scripts on this page? Yes No".

Do you have the problem all the time ? What is the IE instance used under IETester ? What is your OS/default IE ?

Thanks.

#5 2008-06-16 17:49:55

jeremy

fabrice wrote:

Hi,

I tested with IETester v0.2.2 and IE6 tab under Vista with IE7 default.

I used the cssremix.com home page. At the end of the page download, I did a refresh. I didn't have any bug.
I just have a javascript error, in the first page load, and also in the refresh.
But I never have "Do you want to keep running scripts on this page? Yes No".

Do you have the problem all the time ? What is the IE instance used under IETester ? What is your OS/default IE ?

Thanks.

The full error is...
------
An error has occured in the script of this page

Line:
Char:
Error:
Code:
URL:

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No
------

The information on of Line, Char, Error, Code and URL of cource varrie.

I seem to get this error with most websites regardless of what IE instance I'm using. I'm running this on XP with IE8 Beta as my default.

Thank you for the quick responce.

#6 2008-06-16 20:28:56

fabrice
DebugBar Support

OK, I can reproduce the problem.

I will need to investigate on this problem..;

I will keep you informed.

Thanks for giving more information.

#7 2010-05-07 08:28:56

shillum

Hi,
what was the resolution of the problem?
I still have this Problem with IETester 0.4.3 (no matter which browser i choose)
e.g. http://www.heise.de/security/dienste/Br … -2107.html
I donīt have this Problem with my installed IE7
My System : XPSP3; IE 7.0.5730.11

Thanks
Shillum

#8 2010-05-23 21:10:25

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

I don't have any problem, so if you could be PRECISE and provide some test case so I can try to reproduce the problem it would be nice.

Thanks.

#9 2010-05-30 22:45:29

figaro

I am getting these error messages as well in version 0.4.4 on all versions of IE. It's like jeremy described. An easy way to reproduce this error for me is:

1) Open up anyversion of IE (or try the following steps in each version)
2) Open DebugBar Script console
3) Type sdf into the console.
4) Click 'Run Javascript'

This will bring up a dialog message like:

------
An error has occured in the script of this page.

Line:    1
Char:   1
Error:   'sdf' is undefined
Code:   0
URL:     about:blank

Yes No
------

If it doesn't do this for everyone maybe it's my environment. I'm on Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, SP3, and I have IE8 installed as the default IE browser.

#10 2010-05-30 23:07:22

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand your problem. You are generating a script error, so the script error dialog is opening. So, it is notmal behavior for me.

What's the problem ?

#11 2011-01-17 07:16:54

allen

I think the problem (or at least is the problem for me) is that any time there is a script error, that alert message pops up. In Internet Explorer (9 beta) I have JavaScript debugging turned off and don't get the popups. It'd be nice to either be able to suppress that or log it to a buffer. If the alert is thrown by interactive aspects, e.g. a drop down menu, interaction is interrupted.

#12 2011-02-16 16:33:26

EyesTired

I just downloaded and started using IETester. This program is WONDERFUL.
I did keep getting the script error until I changed the options to open to a blank page. The error was as follows:
----
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 76
Char: 5
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://www.my-debugbar.com/ietester/?version=0.4.7

----
Not sure if this is what others are referring to or not.

I am so glad I can quit using Microsoft Expression Web Super Preview!! The best programs are often the free ones.

#13 2011-02-21 13:24:27

fabrice
DebugBar Support

Hi,

Can you provide the info asked in the announcement please ? Thanks.

I tried on my side and didn't get any javascript error. Be sure to check the installed add-ons you have as well. Not sure if it can generate bugs like this but worth checking.

#14 2011-03-13 21:01:56

yuanyelss

I used the cssremix.com home page. The end of the website, I did refresh. I do not have any errors.I just have a JavaScript error on the first page load, the refresh also...

#15 2011-03-28 16:33:04

zelonght

I have this same issue but it only happen since yesterday after I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 8 and IECollections (http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/iecollection.htm)

Now all my website that I developed before now firing "An error has occurred in the script of this page." in IE6 tabs (which never happed before in IE6 tab of IETester) .

In fact, I get this error a week ago, and I reinstalled Windows 7 to solve this, all was fine until yesterday, it came back again sad.
So it means I get this kind of error twice, and I think it has hidden issue somewhere.

Besides Microsoft Visual Studio 8 and IECollections, earlier yesterday  I install also:
- TortoiseSVN
- SmartDefrag 2
- OpenVPN 2.1.3
- HDFView2.7

Other installed software:
- OS Windows 7 32bit
- IE9, Firefox4, Chrome 10
- Office 2010...

I am try to install these software in another machine to see if it is because of software conflict .

Last edited by zelonght (2011-03-28 16:56:48)

#16 2011-03-28 16:54:29

zelonght

On another PC, I install also those software above (except IECollections and IE9): IE6 tab in IETester is still fine.

However I've upgrade it to IE9 and ooops, IE6 tab fires JavaScript error immediately.

So maybe the issue is: IETester + IE9 (+ Microsoft Visual Studio 8 / some other softwares)

Workaround: I've uninstalled IE9 back to IE8, no JavaScript error again.

Just for your info,

Zelonght

Last edited by zelonght (2011-03-28 17:08:20)

#17 2011-05-23 04:11:58

mhenry1384

Please provide a way to disable the "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" dialog.

I have a couple of sites that I work with that throw this error constantly.  I do not care about the JavaScript errors.  The sites work fine in a normal install of IE8, but pop up this dialog all the time in IETester in IE8 mode.  (I have IE9 installed).

I've looked my "Internet Explorer Options" in IETester and "Disable Script Debugging" is checked.