IETester is free.
To support the project
you can make a donation :
or you can translate it.
This is an alpha release, so feel free to post comments/bugs on the IETester forum.
Requirement : Windows 8 desktop, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with IE7 minimum (Windows XP/IE6 config has some problems and IE8 instance do not work under XP without IE7)
Note for IE10 : IE10 is not available on IETester if it is not the default IE version installed on the system. So IE10 is only available on Windows 8 machines.
(IETester v0.5.4 zipped installer for people unable to download .exe files due to proxy limitations)
(You can download previous versions from the ChangeLog page)
Known problems and limitations :
- The Previous/Next buttons are not working properly
- Focus is not working properly
- The input type file is not working (the file selection dialog does not open)
- Java applets are not working
- Flash is not working on IE6 instance in user mode : A solution is to launch IETester as admin user and Flash will work.
- CSS Filters are not working correctly in user mode : A solution is to launch IETester as admin user and CSS Filters will work.
- windows.open does not return the newly created window but null (IETester limitation)
External ressources :
- This article is translated to Serbo-Croatian language by Jovana Milutinovich.
- This article is translated to French language by Kate Bondareva.